Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In Honor...

..of Katelin Cook who is also telling the story of how her and her "boy" met, I too want to put it into writing. It is a great idea. Because if things work out (which I am hoping they will) we can share with our cute children all about our story!

It all began with me deciding to go to the singles ward. I started hanging out with Katelin Cook who at this time was being courted by Tyler Wells. Katelin just wanted to be friends, so long story short things didn't work out between them, but no worries better things are coming for the both of them. Any who, Katelin told me a little about the Wells family while this was going on sometime in March. I was sorta Dating a kid, whose name we will not mention. He wasn't the best, but that is another story for another time.
I found out that Tyler had a twin. I remember it like it was yesterday... April's Ward Prayer. I was still dating the boy whose name we will not mention, but I couldn't"t keep myself from looking at his twin. (At this point I couldn't"t remember his name) He was sitting next to Tyler, and wearing a striped shirt, and his Boston Red Sox cap. I knew at this point that some how I was going to get to know this kid.
I am pretty sure I went home and Facebook stalked him almost everyday. Trying to figure out if he had a girlfriend or not. That is creepy, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!! At least by doing this I found out that his name was Trevor.
At the end of April, I made a decision to leave the boy who I was dating. I wanted to get out of the ridiculous relationship, and also start dating new people.
One night, I went to FHE, all dolled up. They were making sugar cube temples, and Trevor was there. I cracked jokes when he was around, and smiled.. a lot. I remember I was just about to go up to him, and tell him that he did a good job at planning the FHE. I was too afraid. After that FHE, a group of people went up to Katelin's house. I tried to convince her to invite Tyler Wells, that way Trevor would come too. I guess they were busy because they both didn't show. That night Katelin told me how nice Trevor was.
I believe I was baking cookies one Sunday when I decided to do a little investigation.  I text Katelin and asked, "Does Trevor have a girlie?" She responded almost instantly with, "Nope" I was pretty happy about this new found knowledge. I then got another text saying something along the lines of, "If Trevor can, wanna come Four wheeling with Tyler and I." I kinda freaked out, but agreed. I now felt awkward, but extremely excited. I didn't want Trevor to know that I thought he was cute. I become more shy when around boys I like. I didn't want to ruin things!
A week or so later, a girls night turned into just a movie night. A bunch of people came to my house encluding Trevor, to watch a movie outside. I was super nervous, and pretty sure I barely even talked to him. That night Tyler, and I became friends on Facebook. We would chat about Trevor, and Katelin. At some point Tyler gave Trevor my number so that we could get to know eachother before our date on Saturday. We texted a little here and there.
One night Spencer (my brother) came home, and told me that he talked to Trevor at the basketball game. That just about killed me. I promptly asked him what he told him. The conversation went like this.
Spencer: I hear you are taking my lil sis on a date
Matt Terry: Your going out with Stephanie?
Trevor: Yep
Spencer: If you break her heart, I will break your legs.
Don't you love older brothers.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Bouchizzle said...

First of all -- Steph .... don't live in fear and just call him by his first name .. VOLDERMORT. There. Feel better?

Second. Spencer like's to act tough.

Third ... "If you like it then you better put a ring on it ... oh oh oh .. oh oh oh oh oh oh :)"

hehe