Monday, September 12, 2011

The First Date

The original date was suppose to be with Trevor and I, then Katelin and Tyler. Then Katelin no longer could go so it was going to just be Trevor and I. Tyler couldn't find a date, so just Trevor and I planned on going go-carting and dinner on that Saturday.  Then Tyler decided to run his head into Robyn Abrahamson's knee which caused some brain damaged. That night Kenzie scratched Tyler's head, and in the words of Tyler, he was "sold." So, Tyler got the guts to ask Kenzie out. Then there was four again.
Instead of go-carting we ended up going to a ward BBQ, then figure something out afterward.
I showed up with my brother Spencer who left shortly. I was extremely nervous. What do I say? How much of a goofball should I be on a first date? I soon just let everything go, and decided to not worry and have some fun.
The BBQ was a lot of fun. There was a group of hilarious people sitting at our table. We ate hamburgers and just laughed. We decided to leave, and start the next adventure. Kenzie had an awesome idea to go hiking. I needed to change shoes, so Trevor drove me up to my house. I was happy that we could talk the whole time without any awkward silence. I ran inside grabbed my shoes, and jumped back into the car to meet Tyler and Kenzie at the Well's home. On the short ride there I told him about the story of my concussion. He thought it was pretty funny, and I explained how clumsy I was.
We got to his house. I followed Trevor as we walked through his garage, and down the stairs to his basement. For some reason I missed the last step, rolled my ankle, and fell really hard on the ground. Trevor turned around in shock, and I began to laugh. Trevor wasn't quite sure how to react. He asked if I was alright, and when he saw that I was laughing that gave him the green light to laugh as well. I was really embarrassed. Only I, Stephanie Stohel, would roll her ankle, fall down the stairs on a first date!

View from South Mountain. Photo from the Web

It was dark by this time, we grabbed a flash light and headed out. Kenzie knew of this great waterfall we could hike to by south mountain. We wondered around. Walked through some bushes. Heard some running water, but never found a waterfall. (to this day, still not sure if there really is one up there) We walked up a huge hill, and the valley looked amazing. After a few seconds we decided to head back to the car. After trudging through more unmarked paths we made it back safely. I sat in the car, my ankle throbbing, but I put on my tough face and continued the date.
This is where the date got quite random. We first went to the Daybreak lake. Wondered around until the cop on the bike told us that we should leave. Drove back to Draper to get shakes at in and out burger. Drove up by the mountains to a school where there is a creepy janitor, then last but  not least drove past Paul Millsap's home. At this point it was late, we were all tired so we called it a night.
Trevor walked me to the door, I got one of his amazing hugs and I walked inside.
I then sat and debated when I should text him to tell him that I had an awesome time. As that thought crossed my mind the phone buzzed, and I got a text from Trevor. It said something like, "Hey, I had a great time tonight we should do it again sometime." Pretty sure I did a happy dance, and replied with a big time yes! He said he owed me dinner and go-carting. I couldn't say no, so we planned the second Date...



to be continued...

1 comment:

Bouchizzle said...

OH seriously with this TO BE CONTINUED!! ;) bwahaha.