Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Quiet, Awkward, Shy Boy.

I think about him ALL the time.
You can say something, and it will instantly make me think of Jeron.
So, i have decided why not blog stories about our times together? I don't ever want to forget them.. so when i think of them i will write them :)
The Day we Met..
I was down at Snow College. Justine and i had just met quite a few new boys. I was trying to impress them all.. hee hee. I was sitting in Tyler Brown's room. We were waiting for Justine and a few other people to get back to Castilleja Hall so we could go outside and play soccer.
As we were talking out walks this extremely skinny, tall awkward kid holding a bunch of Bike parts. Our conversation went like this.
Steph: oh, you must be Tyler's roommate?
Jeron: yep
Steph: So, whats your name?
Jeron: Jeron
Steph: oh, nice! I am Stephanie.
Jeron: (nothing)
Steph: so, where are you from?
Jeron: Cedar Hills
Steph: Where is that?
Jeron: do you know where Alpine is?
Steph: uh... sorta
Jeron: close to that
Steph: oh sweet! What are you doing with all of that bike stuff?
Jeron: i am fixing up my bike.
Steph: so you like bikes?
Jeron: yes
Steph: (running out of things to ask him) well, you should come and play soccer with us in a bit
Jeron: maybe (goes back into room)
Steph: (thinking to myself) He was strange.
Okay my first thoughts.. check him off of the list.. he is too skinny, too shy and has acne.. (shallow?)
I love that Jeron is shy and awkward. It makes me laugh. I make him outgoing and he keeps me active. We were constantly swimming, or hiking, or going on an adventure. He is still super skinny, but i love his broud shoulders. (is it bad that i am happy to hear he is gaining wait in Texas?) His acne..has gotten better..but strangely that is not even an issue as i got to know him. Jeron makes me laugh everyday. I love my dorky missionary!

At least we are both dorky!

No comments: