Sunday, October 31, 2010

Primary Program

I was lucky enough to experience my family ward's primary program today. It was very cute. You had the kids who didn't know the words so just very noticable mouthed the word. You had the cute little sunbeams constantly waving to their parents. You also had the kids who got super shy when giving their part. Now i usually look forward to the primary program because they were much more entertaining than other sacrament meetings, but today i found it one of the most spiritual sacrament meeting i have ever sat through.
Through out the meetings the kids bore testimony of Jesus Christ. That was their focus for this year. At the very end the primary sang the first verse to Army of Helaman, then the whole congregation sang the second. I couldn't sing all the words because i became teary eyed. I tried to hide it, and during the closing prayer i gained back my composure.
I think we all can take a lesson from these little ones. They have such great faith. I don't know what scripture it is, but something to do with being like a child. We can all strive to be like them. They are some of the best examples. I love these kids, and i hardly know any of them. It was an awesome day!

No comments: