Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am in love...

...with my new JOB!!!!
Ha ha did I trick anyone?? I haven't quite gotten to that status with the current boy. :) ha ha

So.. it's true. i got the job. me, stephanie stohel, out of about 1,000 applications, I was narrowed down to 16. yes, i am that cool.
Well, I am not here to brag (maybe just a tad) so i will continue about what the past two days have been like.

8:00 AM- Arrive and start doing learning modules.FOREVER. Oh ya, and take a quiz after everyone.
8:30 AM- Learn about Rx, Vocab, and other lingo
9:15 AM- Laugh at our silly trainers, and order our lunch over the computer.
10:00 AM- fifteen minute break. This is the time that I go up to the Grille (located inside 1-800-contacts) and I partake of the FREE cereal. Today i had fruity pebbles, yesterday I had lucky charms. Tomorrow? Captain Crunch.
10:15 AM- Back to training and learning modules. During this time we ask questions, and are learning MORE and MORE
12:15 PM LUNCH TIME!!! for $2.00 that is taken out of my paycheck, I got a huge chicken wrap. The grille also includes free drinks, free fruit, and free bread.
12:45- PM Meet at training center, but then we went up to the call center. We then listend for an hour on another agents calls. It was fun. I can't wait to not be the "new kid." for some reason I just don't like the feeling of being not up to par.. weird? First day we met with our team and managers. My team is #1 in the center. BIG shoes to fill. My manager is sooo funny. I am excited about it.
2:00 PM Fifteen minute break. I went and got FREE juice. Then went to the bathroom. While at the bathroom, I walked in on a girl in my training class. In complete shock, i actually sat there for a second with out closing. I now feel like a creep. She was like, "oh sorry." and i said, "no, i am sorry!" (while the door was still open) Then I told her that we had bonded. i heard no laugh...
2:15 PM- you guessed it MORE modules. We are learning A TON. we have a test on it all tomorrow. open book. open notes. I will ace it!
3:15 PM- Write a short reflective writing to the trainers.
3:30 PM- GO HOME!!!
Side note.. tomorrow after work i am going to work out in the FREE onsight physical center. :)

so... yes i am in love with my job. I honestly can't wait to graduate to the call center. 3 1/2 more weeks!!!!
bye!

2 comments:

Bouchizzle said...

I am SO glad you love your job!! They certainly take care of you :) CONGRATS. Sneak me out some lucky charms!!!!

Oh, and I laughed at your story. I'm glad you bonded.

Unknown said...

My ex-hubby worked there and he LOVED it. Their food is really good too.